Preschool Teacher – join team Cherry Tree
Cherry Tree is an innovative and exciting early years center, for children aged one to six, located in the heart of Prague with a large private garden. Inspired by forest kindergarten education, we combine outdoor learning and play. Our goal is to give each child a well-rounded, meaningful start to their educational journey.
We encourage children to take part in caring for our beautiful garden so they can contribute to its well-being, and benefit from its produce. Through play, children obtain practical knowledge about ecology and sustainability while witnessing the miracles of nature in front of their own eyes.
At Cherry Tree, children enjoy a unique opportunity to organically understand the cycle of life while being an active and creative part of it.
What will you do?
You will be an important part of a small team that collaborates with the founding members, other teachers, and families. Duties involve classroom setup, meal preparation, supervising indoor and outdoor play, reading books, assisting children with self-care tasks (diapering, dressing, toileting, etc.), sitting with children during nap time, and more. You will also take part in shaping our preschool curriculum and contribute ideas for improvement.
Other tasks you will perform
- Plan and implement a curriculum that is fully aligned with the Education Program for Preschools issued by the Czech Ministry of Education
- Create and implement developmentally appropriate lessons
- Use a wide range of teaching materials to enhance early learning and development
- Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play
- Guide children through conflict and problem solving
- Remain in constant communication with parents and update them about their child’s progress
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an attentive colleague with early childhood education experience, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and strong relationship builder abilities. An ideal candidate will have practical experience facilitating the physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of children with the ability to empathize and address children’s needs.
If you are a positive self-starter with a passion for a healthy life, sports, outdoor activities, environmental care, or any other kind of passion that can be positively projected into the team and our children then read on.
What do you have?
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, or a related field.
- TEFL certificate (teaching English as a second language)
- Proven experience working in an early years environment
- Knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Native English or English as a first language
What is needed to be successful in this role?
- Ability to play a musical instrument (preferred)
- Collaborative and team player approach
- Growth mindset with a strong desire to develop
- Ability to manage relationships in a humble, confident and articulate way
- Competitive salary based on your skills and experience
- Paid vacation
- Paid lunches
- Opportunities for professional development
- Ability to grow and learn with a new school
- A rewarding experience to make an impact in the early years of children’s education